_The Draft Sportsfield User Policy exhibition period closed on 26 August 2011 and received a large number of submissions providing feedback.
The submissions were reported to Council on 15 December 2011. Council resolution 11-1022 is what came out of that:
1. That Council note the public submissions received on the draft Sports Field User Policy.
2. That Council endorse the policy amendments detailed in Table 1 of this report to be
incorporated as the revised Draft of the Byron Shire Sports field User Policy.
3. That the revised Draft Byron Shire Sports field User Policy be re-advertised for public
comment for a period of 28 days after the commencement of the 2012 School year. The
revised draft policy is to be reported to Council for endorsement prior to the public
4. That the electricity costs for all sports fields for clubhouses, amenity buildings and flood
lights, etc be paid fully by the sporting associations from 1 March 2012.
5. That Council note the Action Plan in Table 2 of this report on the timeframe to progress
the implementation of the user charges.
6. That a reply be forwarded to each submission detailing Council’s resolution."
Please find more details on the Council Web site.
The Draft Policy is going to be revised and reported back to Council on 22 March 2012. The revised policy will then again be placed on public exhibition for a minimum period of 28 days to again allow the relevant stakeholders to provide input into the development of this policy.
Shane - Club Secretary
I will answer
all comments by e-mail.